According to a research of the World Bank, 1.142 billion people in the world smoke. This makes at about 29% of the whole population on Earth. And this is horrific!
There are some sayings considered myths and others - considered true facts. I'll give you right now the true but awful facts about smoking.
1. Smoking cigarettes kills more people in two days than cocaine kills in a year.
2. Tobacco contains over 4 000 different chemicals. 200 of them are considered very harmful and poisonous.
3. Secondary smoking is as harmful as active smoking. Each year cigarettes kill more non-smokers than illegal drugs, AIDS, and teenage drinking all combined.
4. One of every 6 deaths in the USA is a cause of smoking.
5. Smoking can cause a lot of different types of cancer such as: cancers of the mouth, lip and throat, kidney cancer, cancer of the liver, pancreas cancer, cancer of the stomach and leukaemia.
6. Smoking cigarettes increases the risk of stroke and brain blood curdling by 300 %.
7. More than 40 % of the high-school students smoke or use other tobacco products. Students of different ethnic groups smoke even more.
After you have read all these awful facts about smoking, the only thing you should do is just QUIT SMOKING! You want to be healhty and alive, right? So QUIT SMOKING! Do not wait or put off for tomorrow, QUIT SMOKING today!